Today – Tuesday is ARTICLE day…
- Today is on page 31.
- Read “How to Write a Research Paper”. Focus on Step 1, Step 2, and Step 3. Be prepared to discuss these steps in Zoom this afternoon.
- Review on the idea from last term on how writing is thinking made visible (this is in the introduction of the article). Be prepared to discuss this in Zoom this afternoon.
- Complete page 45-46. Here are some starters:
- Main topic: Writing process
- What you already know: You already know how to think and you already know how to write a research paper
- One thing you learned how to do in a new way: ???
- Summarize one theory: Writing is thinking made visible by forcing you to put thoughts on paper – this explains how
- Explain why this theory is useful: It is useful because you see the value of writing and know to focus on thinking (focus on explaining what you think); it helps you see the purpose of working through a process (to improve your thinking)
- Four facts/key ideas: (1) For lots of students writing is a pain or a panic, (2) Writing is a system, (3) The simple act of writing forces you to focus on one thought at a time, (4) To explain something, you first need to understand it
- Be prepared to discuss the video during afternoon meetings.
- You will read two articles and complete two sets of notes (one per article) (pages 49-50 and 51-52). These are due on Thursday.
- No school on Friday (or Monday next week).
- Check your email every day after 9:30 AM.
- Go to your one on one session (if you have one today).
- Go to your afternoon small group session.
- Read the novel for at least 20 minutes.
- Complete the Novel Log for the day and turn it in.
- Work on IXL for at least 20 minutes.
- Work on the project for at least 20 minutes.
- Do your PE and other classes for the day.
- Turn in all your work for the day.